Monday 31 December 2007

No driving today!

Marrakech is a fun place - friendly and surprisingly little hassle. The medina is really characterful, you can spend hours getting lost in the souks (we did) and the salmon-terracotta colour is gorgeous.
 
I was highly tempted to buy lots of souveniers, but managed to temper my enthusiasm by reminding myself about my baggage allowance.  However I couldn't pass up the obligatory snake photograh - fortunately my snake seemed very chilled out - a true Moroccan!  Apparently the monkeys are the ones to avoid, as they tend to nick your glasses.
 
Going out now to see what Marrakech has to offer for New Year's Eve...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a very happy New Year to you! Received your greetings over at the Goodlads, though my (slightly crazy) text messages got sent in the wrong order! no matter. Enjoying the photos of your experiences. Glad you avoided the monkeys. will send more tomorrow.....and so to bed! C still partying.....xx

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Alastair! Hope that you were/will not be drinking and driving (as you will probably spill some!). All the best. Will lose touch as from Sunday as we are off to NZ.